To start the design for the headphones, I defined what I wanted to achieve, designing a pair of headphones that were both stylish, and had proper materials chosen. Then I began to ideate and sketch different forms. From this step I developed the ideas further before arriving to a final general design.
The next step was to find the proper size for the headphones, I did this by making general shapes with foam. With the foam shaped, I used them to get a sense of scale for the ear-cups and defined my final measurements, as well with the foam testing I asked users for a preference of existing headphones for reference. The other measurement were dictated by human percentiles from "The Measure of Man & Woman Revised Edition".
With the form and measurements completed, I started creating a model on Solidworks using a combination of surface modelling and solid modelling. When the form of the model was complete I colour mapped the model to mark the different materials of the part.
The model was then imported into Keyshot where I started with basic materials and edited them by changing roughness, refraction index, bump maps, and adding labels. After the materials were close to ideal, I began setting the lighting in the scene. Once the lighting was complete, I finalized the materials. For this specific project I created an animation as well so I needed to arrange different motions for the camera, then I began the render.